Even the number tags are so cute! Had to resist the urge to cop them. Haha!
Left: 巧克力蛋糕奶茶 Right: 荔の晶冻果奶
Happy Everyday! 每天开心笑!Happy Lemon!!! Finally! Honestly, I’ve been eyeing at this beverage shop for a long time, since the first week of my arrival at Shanghai to be exact. I’ve been holding back my urge after seeing the prices on its menu. The drinks here are not cheap. I can easily get two drinks with the same amount of money for one here from the more common shops along many of the streets around school.
So, I’ve been ignoring the calls of Happy Lemon for a long time, and today, eager for some indulgence, I finally answered its calls. Lalala~
The first drink that caught my eye was 巧克力蛋糕奶茶. I really thought that there are all three of them in this drink. What an exciting and yummy treat it would be! But upon the first sip, I double-checked the menu and looked at its English name for the first time- Cocoa Milk Tea with Puff Cream. Sigh. How can they translate cream into 蛋糕?!! Though my feelings got cheated, I still enjoyed the drink. It is sweet (cream-induced, I think) and filled with the aroma of chocolate and milk tea blended together. Here, they have all sorts of ingredients in their beverages (pearls are oh-so-boring, sis), yet to come across one with cake inside, but if I do, I will not hesitate to give it a try. Haha~
MJ, being a fan of lychee, ordered 荔の晶冻果奶, which is essentially, lychee flavoured milk tea with little pearls and crystals (similar texture as the pearls). MJ feels that it can be more lycheeish. Me? No complains, I’m not into lychee afterall. But I do like the chewy pearls and crystals. It is not fantastic but will do if you are in the mood for some fruity-flavoured beverage with ingredients you can chew upon.
Alternatively, you can choose a normal drink like honey lemon and pay a little more for extra ingredients like pearls, crystals, pudding, grass jelly, malt and red beans.
Happy Lemon is a popular franchise here. With its cheery yellow signboard and cute icon, it is no wonder why it drew my attention so readily. It attracts mainly the young at heart (me! me!), the novelty seekers, and of course, those who do not mind the rather-pricey drinks. The menu boasts of 50 over types of beverages. Whether you are a tea lover, coffee lover or fruity ice blend lover, you’ll find your happy cuppa from this little happy shop somehow. Maybe this explains why its business is so good, being such a crowd-pleaser. But I likey. ~meόωy
So, I’ve been ignoring the calls of Happy Lemon for a long time, and today, eager for some indulgence, I finally answered its calls. Lalala~
The first drink that caught my eye was 巧克力蛋糕奶茶. I really thought that there are all three of them in this drink. What an exciting and yummy treat it would be! But upon the first sip, I double-checked the menu and looked at its English name for the first time- Cocoa Milk Tea with Puff Cream. Sigh. How can they translate cream into 蛋糕?!! Though my feelings got cheated, I still enjoyed the drink. It is sweet (cream-induced, I think) and filled with the aroma of chocolate and milk tea blended together. Here, they have all sorts of ingredients in their beverages (pearls are oh-so-boring, sis), yet to come across one with cake inside, but if I do, I will not hesitate to give it a try. Haha~
MJ, being a fan of lychee, ordered 荔の晶冻果奶, which is essentially, lychee flavoured milk tea with little pearls and crystals (similar texture as the pearls). MJ feels that it can be more lycheeish. Me? No complains, I’m not into lychee afterall. But I do like the chewy pearls and crystals. It is not fantastic but will do if you are in the mood for some fruity-flavoured beverage with ingredients you can chew upon.
Alternatively, you can choose a normal drink like honey lemon and pay a little more for extra ingredients like pearls, crystals, pudding, grass jelly, malt and red beans.
Happy Lemon is a popular franchise here. With its cheery yellow signboard and cute icon, it is no wonder why it drew my attention so readily. It attracts mainly the young at heart (me! me!), the novelty seekers, and of course, those who do not mind the rather-pricey drinks. The menu boasts of 50 over types of beverages. Whether you are a tea lover, coffee lover or fruity ice blend lover, you’ll find your happy cuppa from this little happy shop somehow. Maybe this explains why its business is so good, being such a crowd-pleaser. But I likey. ~meόωy
Happy Lemon 快乐柠檬(万达店)
杨浦区凇沪路77号万达商业广场1楼步行街
No comments:
Post a Comment